2017 has arrived along with a ton of New Year’s Resolutions that might become lifestyle changes, but for the majority of you, probably not. We want to tell you that that’s okay. You don’t need New Year’s Resolutions. All you need is an open mind and consciousness. You don’t need a New Year, or a new month, or a new week, or a new boyfriend/girlfriend, or a new wardrobe, or a new gym membership, or anything at all to start improving on yourself today. All you need is the present and the consciousness to say, “now is when I choose to make a change.”
Practicing consciousness is easy. You simply need to be aware of your thoughts and feelings and allow these to affect your actions. For our team, a healthy lifestyle is rooted in consciousness. Being fully aware of what we’re doing and able to manage any situation simply by being present. This practice is what prompted us to start Yellowbird Foods.
Everyday we are faced with situations that present us with a choice to take the easy route or take the more involved, more time–consuming, and probably more difficult route. Most of the time it’s the more difficult route that benefits everyone, not just us. This is always our preferred route.
We want to challenge all of you to do the same. Be conscious. Be present. Take a new approach to the idea of the New Year’s Resolution and make a resolution to yourself every morning that you’ll be a better you than you were yesterday. Cleaning up your condiments is just one small way to start this journey, but making one small change everyday will create a whole new you.
If you’re working toward a healthier lifestyle, start with these simple changes…
• Go to bed earlier. Sleep is everything, y’all.
• Give yourself 10 minutes right when you wake up to just breath… deeply and calmly.
• Drink a full glass of cold water right when you get out of bed.
• Make time for yourself to enjoy a healthy, delicious breakfast. (If you want to know what we eat everyday just ask! We’re happy to share our routine with you.)
• When shopping for groceries, make a conscious effort to choose organic or non–gmo and always choose packaged foods that don’t contain unnecessary and harmful filler ingredients. (Whether you like it or not, your spending habits affect the rest of the world.)
• Get your heart pumpin’! Do something active for at least 30 minutes everyday. This could be anything—walking, running, jumping rope, basketball, swimming, sexercise…
• Try limiting yourself to no more than 30 minutes a day of any kind of social media. You’d be surprised how much time is wasted on this and how much happier you could be spending your new–found time on other things.
• Listen to a podcast. Our favorites right now are Tim Ferriss’ 4–Hour Workweek and Freakonomics. They will open your mind to new things and inspire you to try something new.
If you got to the end of this and you’re asking yourself, “ya, but what about cleanin’ up them condiments?!” Here’s a promo code to get you started with a shiny new set of Yellowbird Condiments for a fresh new you.
25% OFF all Yellowbird Products with code CUYC2017