Habanero Cornbread Waffles
Main Dish / 25 minutes
• 1 cup cornmeal (we used Bob’s Red Mill, medium grind)
• 3 cups all–purpose flour
• 1⅓ cups sugar
• 2 tablespoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 fresno pepper, chopped
• ⅓ cup liquid coconut oil
• ⅔ cup unsalted butter, melted
• 2 ½ cups whole milk (we used goats milk)
• 2 tablespoons Yellowbird Habanero Hot Sauce
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 4 eggs, beaten
Made with Yellowbird®
Preheat waffle iron at medium temperature.
Mix maple syrup and Yellowbird habanero hot sauce and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, stir the cornmeal, all–purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and finely chopped pepper.
Pour in the coconut oil, melted butter, milk, Yellowbird Habanero sauce, honey, and beaten eggs, and stir just until moistened.
Spray waffle iron with cooking spray if recommended, pour onto waffle iron and cook until tops or edges begin to darken.
Serve with fresh blueberries and pre-made habanero maple syrup. Enjoy!