Habanero Infused Turkey
10 hours 15 min.
• 1 large turkey
• Kosher salt
• 1 can Austin Beerworks Black Thunder
• ½ cup of molasses
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• ¼ cup Yellowbird Habanero Sauce
- Preheat oven to 250º.
- Mix equal parts salt and pepper in a bowl and rub over thawed turkey, ensuring full, but not excessive coverage. Place turkey in oven and cook for one hour.
- While turkey is roasting, add beer, molasses, coconut oil, and Yellowbird Habanero Sauce to a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until fully combined. Remove from heat.
- After turkey has cooked for one hour, pour baste mixture over the entire turkey and continue cooking for remaining time or until turkey is fully cooked. Remember to baste the turkey every hour with liquids from the bottom of the roasting pan.