These little nuggets of deliciousness are just–right spicy and oh–so–great for party snacks. Dig in and dunk ’em like you mean it!!
Yellowbird Ghost Pepper Fried Cauliflower Bites
Write a review
- • 1 cup Masa
- • ⅔ cup cornstarch
- • 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- • 2 teaspoons salt
- • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- • 4 eggs
- • 2 cups water (add more if needed)
- • ¼ cup Yellowbird Ghost Pepper Condiment
- • 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- • Sesame oil for frying
- • chopped cilantro for topping
- Mix the batter ingredients together (masa, cornstarch, baking power, salt, nutritional yeast, eggs, water, and Yellowbird Ghost Pepper Condiment) until a loose batter forms. Add more water if needed.
- Pour oil into a heavy bottomed skillet. Make it deep enough to cover the cauliflower about halfway. Heat the oil over medium heat. Drop a small bit of batter in the oil to test it—when it rises to the top and bubbles, the oil is ready.
- Place cauliflower florets in batter and cover completely. Allow excess batter to drip off before frying. Gently set each floret in the hot oil. Fry for a few minutes on each side, then flip, repeating sides several times if necessary until you get a nice golden brown fried exterior. Remove and set on a cooling rack with paper towels underneath.
- Top with finely chopped cilantro and more Yellowbird and enjoy!!
Yellowbird Foods https://yellowbirdsauce.com/