Because pizza and hot sauce go together like peanut butter and jelly! Spice up your next pizza party with our Yellowbird Jalapeño Pizza recipe. It’s got the perfect amount of heat for everyone to enjoy.
• 3 cups gluten free flour blend (1 cup white rice flour + 1 cup brown rice flour + 1 cup tapioca flour + ¾ tsp xanthan gum)
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 3 Tbsp (37 g) sugar, divided
• 1 Tbsp (10 g) yeast
• 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) warm water, divided
• 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
• 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
• 1 tsp coconut oil to coat the pan
• 1 ½ cups Yellowbird Jalapeño Condiment
• 2 diced tomatoes
• 1 cup Onions
• Yellowbird Jalapeño Pizza Sauce (above ingredients)
• Goat Milk Cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine yeast and 3/4 cup warm water (about 110 degrees F). Too hot and it will kill the yeast! Let set for 5 minutes to activate. Sprinkle in 1 Tbsp of the sugar a few minutes in.
- In a separate bowl, combine gluten free flour blend, salt, baking powder and remaining 2 Tbsp sugar. Whisk until well combined. Make a well in the dry mixture and add the yeast mixture. Add the olive oil and additional 1/2 cup warm water before stirring. Then stir it all together until well combined.
- Lightly coat a clean surface with rice flour and knead the dough. Work from the middle and push to spread and flatten the dough. Use a rolling pin to form into a circle. You want it to be pretty thin—less than 1/4 inch. Place on round pizza pan. Put the crust in the oven to pre-bake for roughly 15-20 minutes, or until it begins to look dry. Cracks may appear, but that’s normal and totally OK. Remove from oven.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add coconut oil, onions, and tomatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes. Add Yellowbird Jalapeño Condiment and cook, stirring occasionally, until all ingredients come together into a thick sauce—about 20 minutes. Spread generously over pizza crust, top with shredded cheese, spinach, and other desired toppings.
- Pop back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the crust edge looks golden brown and the toppings are warm and bubbly.
- Slice immediately and serve!